Information collected through the Web Prophets website(s)
When you visit the Web Prophets website we make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site you have visited
- the type of browser you are using
- the website or search engine which referred you to us (if applicable)
Access to information collected
Web Prophets will not make an attempt to identify users or their browsing activities. However, in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our log files.
Please note if you register to receive our Enewsletter, then our Enews Management software tracks your email address including when you have read our newsletter.
Use and disclosure of information collected
Our Office will only record your email address if you send us a message or submit an on-line enquiry form from our website. Your email address will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used or disclosed for any other purpose without your consent.
Users are advised that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
If you require further information please contact us at email@example.com
If you have Services with Web Prophets
Depending on any services you have with us, we may have some or all of the following details:
- Your personal name, contact phone numbers, physical address(es), email address(es) and social media links
- Business and banking details
- Domain name Registrar, EPP codes and other login details for your domain name(s)
- Email username and password details
- Hosting account usernames and passwords
- Website and database usernames and passwords
- Server/VPS/Cloud-Hosting details, including domains, IP Addresses and login details
- Credit Reports
- Other publically available details
Web Prophets collects this information through a variety of avenues including:
- Information that is publically available
- Any resellers we may have
- Account information generated on our system when you use our services such as email, hosting, website/database design/administration, server/VPS/Cloud-Hosting setup
Information you volunteer to us in order for Web Prophets to perform the services for which we are contracted.
Only Web Prophets staff that require this information in the act of providing Services to you, will have access to this information.
Web Prophets staff may access your Services from time-to-time to assist in troubleshooting or to investigate any alerts that may appear on our system. This is only done to better service your requirements and those of everyone else using our Services.
Whatever information we hold is treated with your privacy and security in mind.
However, some of these details are critical in allowing us to provide you with the services you require.
Web Prophets does not readily share any of this information.
We will not provide any of your service information, logins, etc. to anyone who does not have a legal right to access this information.
We may add your email address to an EDM system used within the Web Prophets group of entities.
As per the SPAM Act, you have the ability to unsubscribe from our EDM software at any time.
Should you wish us to disclose any information to a third-party, we will only comply if either:
- they have a legal right to access this information
- you have added the third party (with all relevant contact details) as an authorised contact for your account(s) with us
- you notify us in writing. (We will accept this in email form provided that it is sent from an email address that has been previously approved by you i.e. your main account details held by us)
If you have an account with us, you may contact us at any time to review any general contact information we have on you and/or your company.
If you feel that your privacy has been compromised, we would like to hear from you directly via 1800 010 255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Privacy matters are taken seriously within Web Prophets and we do our best to secure the information in our possession.
If you do not have any Services with Web Prophets
Web Prophets makes notes based on interractions, meetings, conversations, discussion, etc. with referals and prospective clients that have contacted us, or we have contacted directly.
Any contact and other details collected as part of these interractions may be held by Web Prophets indefinitely.
However we will treat any information from these sources as confidential to Web Prophets and will respect the Privacy of those providing this information, in the same way as if they had Services with us.